Saturday, January 7, 2012

Glamorous

Grabbin' a Smoke
Grabbin' a Smoke

I used to do it.  I shouldn't have, but I did.  My father said he would pay me $1,000 if I didn't before I was 18.  I did it anyway.  If it wasn't bad for my health, I might still do it.  Sometimes I feel badly for them; I try not to judge, comment, fan my hand beneath my nose or stare in disgust.  They've been banished to the street, the far edge of the driveway, outside the parameters of a school zone.  Why should I make them feel any worse than they already must?

On a foggy evening these two banished souls were just too tempting not to capture.  I imagine their dates and dinners remained inside, while they seemed perfectly content to enjoy a moment on the street corner.


 

4 comments:

lisa said...

Love this shot, and love your new blog Susan!!!

clairz said...

Ooh, I like this new blog. It IS very glamorous!

Evelyn S. said...

I just found this blog! (Well, no wonder! I just checked the archives!) ;-) I used to do IT, too....college in the 60's, you know. However, about 3 years later, I had the worst asthma attack I've ever experienced. That was enough. Some years later, I got divorced, got my ears pierced (first husband hated ear-piercing), and started smoking again. I'm happy to say that I quit again--for good--in 1976. (We offered our two sons $1000 if they would not smoke or drink or try marijuana before high school graduation. We were happy to pay them.) As for this new blog---I do love the mystery of it. "Stolen car"? A mystery. I'm your newest follower.

seabluelens said...

Ha, I found you! I love this shot - the silhouettes, the shadow, the rim of light on top of their heads, the glowing foggy light in the background...awesome image! You've got another follower now.